Thursday, September 25, 2008

Return to Rome: Confessions of an Evangelical Catholic

When I covered Frank Beckwith's return to the Catholic church back in May I suggested that it would be a story that would circulate in the arena of Christian scholarship for some time. Even truer now, Beckwith has written a new book on the topic called Return to Rome (published by Brazos in 12/08) that has the subtitle Why the President of the Evangelical Theological Society Left His Post and Returned to the Catholic Church."  

I am hoping that he presents some better arguments than I've heard him use thus far.  When he was on Greg Koukl's show he seemed upset that he was being challenged on some of his views and said he thought he was there to give an account of his experience.  I expect a lot better from such a sound thinker and I look forward to reading his book and seeing it reviewed.  Official page.

No comments: